|December 31st, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Happy New Year!|
|Tonight is the New Year's Eve so I wanna say Happy New Year everyone! Be safe and have fun - come back next year! Love you!!|
|December 30th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Jessica Simpson Rushes to Injured Tony's Side|
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo may be feeling the pain from torn cartilage in his ribs – not to mention his team's blistering loss to the Philadelphia Eagles over the weekend – but he does have one thing going for him: Jessica Simpson.
The athlete's girlfriend "rushed to his side as soon as she found out that Tony got hurt," a source told PEOPLE after reports surfaced that Romo had collapsed in the shower of the team's locker room after the game Sunday.
“She got on a red eye flight right when she found out, and arrived at 5 a.m. [that] morning," the source added.
As for Romo, 28, the torn cartilage popped out of place twice during the game and again afterward, which is what caused him to collapse, according to the Dallas Morning News.
• Source: People.com
December 13, 2008: Jess & Tony in Dallas, TX.|
• Thanks to: Tamara!
|• New cover|
Jessica is on the cover of TV Direkt magazine in Germany this week, check it out below.|
Jessica is also on the cover of Cosmopolitan in Czech Republic, you can preview the cover here.
|December 29th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Tony Romo Collapses in Shower After Game|
Moments after the Dallas Cowboys suffered a season-ending loss to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night, quarterback
Tony Romo collapsed in the shower, creating a frantic scene in the locker room.
"Shocked" players started yelling for help and pushing back reporters after Romo suddenly fell, likely due to a rib injury
incurred late in the game, reports Monday's Dallas Morning News.
A stretcher was brought in by the medical team, but Romo was helped to his feet and able to walk into the training room.
When asked about the incident later, Romo, 28, told the paper, "Um, you know, I was just a little banged up, I guess."
He added: "I've got to play better. The team's got to play better. We didn't play good this December. That's obviously the
Not to worry, Tony, Jessica Simpson will surely be glad to help nurse you back to health.
• Source: People.com
|• Jessica Simpson's Beau Tony Romo Collapses After Game|
Looks like Jessica Simpson needs to nurse Tony Romo back to health!
The Dallas Cowboys quarterback collapsed in the shower following a 44 to 6 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, according to ESPN.com.
Team sources told the sports Web site that medical staff brought in a stretcher, but Romo walked out on his own. He still
participated in a news conference shortly after, but had to be helped to the podium.
ESPN reports that Romo may have suffered a rib injury in the second half of the game -- the Cowboys' biggest loss ever
-- but Romo refused to answer questions about his health.
• Source: UsMagazine.com
|December 26th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• New icons|
I've added new icons made with the Marie Claire photoshoot pics |
|• (scans) Cosmopolitan [Hungary], January 2009|
Check out these beautiful scans from Hungarian Cosmopolitan - the issue was released with a double cover: the regular version
has the cover in white top and the mini version has an alternate cover in pink dress!|
+ 01 x Uroda [Poland], December 2008
• Thanks to: Timi!
|December 24th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• 'Private Valentine' DVD cover|
is the official artwork for the "Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous" DVD. Click to enlarge.
• Thanks to: Dron!
|• Jessica Simpson is officially part of the Cowboys' family|
The new edition of the Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook is out, and it features a major commitment by Tony Romo.
Yes, Jessica Simpson shares the banner of page 126 with Romo. For some reason, though, they couldn't find any photos of
There's also a sign that her career as an actress and singer isn't going so well. Her occupation is listed as
Tish, Pacman's significant other, didn't make the cut.
For those who are interested, the recipes on the Simpson/Romo page are Banana Breakfast Fruit Smoothie and No-Fat Broccoli
and Cherry Tomatoes.
• Source: cowboysblog.dallasnews.com
|• (download) Jessica on Rediscovered|
Size: 3.00 mb
Capped by: Samantha!
Download | Sendspace Link | Megaupload Link
|• (watch) Jessica on Rediscovered|
My friend Samantha caught Jessica on the show called "Rediscovered"
where they showed some old auditions footage - how cute was Jess? Thanks so much Samantha |
- I will put it up for downloading very soon! Merry Christmas
|December 23rd, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Merry Christmas!|
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve so I'd like to take a chance to wish Jessica, the Simpson Family and everyone visiting
SweetKisses.net Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2009! |
|• (scans) Veronica [Holland], November 7 2008|
|December 22nd, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Christmas related multimedia|
|Looking for some Christmas related multimedia of Jessica? Be sure to check out our Multimedia section. Click here for Christmas songs performances and here for the Family Christmas Special.|
|• (scans) Summum [Canada], August 2006|
|• (watch) Jessica launches Fancy at Macy's Costa Mesa|
|• Jessica Simpson Having Fun Fattening Up Tony Romo|
Jessica Simpson is on the rise when it comes to her professional life as she continues to make movies, music, apparel and
the recent launch of her second fragrance "Fancy." But ever since she hooked up with Dallas QB Tony Romo, it seems the pop
princess-turned-country crooner has become more dedicated to nurturing her personal life.
"My personality is now more stay-at-home; right now I'm doing the Christmas tree and everything. I'm in Dallas and its fun, Tony (Romo) hasn’t had Christmas in 7 years because they have football every Christmas and he can’t go home," Simpson told Tarts last week. "So I’m bringing Christmas to him this year and it’s been fun. I’ve been out ornament shopping and all kinds of stuff, so that's more of who I am."
And even though Ms. Simpson certainly has a sexy little bod, she insisted that she survives on sugary delights.
"Believe it or not, I like to bake pies," she added. "Tony’s favorite is pumpkin pie and I haven't mastered that yet. Maybe I'm more of a baker; I like to make cakes, more fattening. I make a good carrot cake."
Hmmm, we don’t know how pleased Romo’s teammates will be with Simpson if their star player turns up to training a little too loved — or love-handled — up …
• Source: FOXNews.com
|• Jessica, Ashlee Simpson Celebrate Family Texmas|
It's going to be a holly-jolly hoedown holiday for Jessica and Ashlee Simpson—and their significant others.
Sources tell E! News that Jessica and Dallas Cowboys QB boyfriend Tony Romo and Ashlee and hubby Pete Wentz plan to
celebrate Christmas at the Waco, Texas, home of their maternal grandmother.
"This Christmas is a big deal, and the whole family wants to be together for baby Bronx's first Christmas," a Simpson family friend tells us.
Romo is already in Texas, licking his wounds after the Cowboys' big loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The rest of the clan should be arriving soon, just in time to deck the halls.
• Source: EOnline.com
|December 20th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• AskMen.com's Top99 Women Nominees|
With the presidential election behind us, it's time for the second-biggest vote of the year: that one which will determine
the Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2009. We've assembled a list of approximately 200 intelligent, well-rounded knockouts for
you to choose from. Click on their images to browse through, then nominate your picks by rating each on a scale from one to
10. Voting will close in mid-December, and the final Top 99 list will be revealed on January 21, 2009. |
• Source: AskMen.com
|• Win It! Chip n' Pepper Jeans|
"Extra" is hooking up five lucky fashionistas with some of Hollywood's favorite jeans!
We're teaming up with Jessica Simpson to give five friends a pair of Chip n' Pepper "Stella" denims.
Sign up to be an "Extra" friend --
and enter to win!
• Source: extratv.warnerbros.com
|• Pete talked about Jessica on Howard Stern|
On the topic of Ashlee's older sister, Jessica Simpson, Pete says he can definitely see her marrying football player Tony
Romo. He adds that Jessica has gone through a lot over the past two years and now has her head screwed on straight.
• Thanks to: Tamara!
|I finally got my computer back so the updates will resume asap!|
|December 16th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• (watch) Jessica at Macy's in Costa Mesa|
|• New scans|
• 02 x In Touch, December 22 2008 (thanks Tamara!)
• 02 x Bravo [Poland], December 9-25 2008
• 04 x Totaal TV [Holland], September 26 2008
|December 15th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Arriving at Macy's, Costa Mesa, December 13 2008 [HQ]|
|• Leaving John Wayne Airport, Orange County, December 13 2008 [HQ]|
|• Macy's, Costa Mesa, December 13 2008 [HQ]|
|• Fan photos: Macy's in Costa Mesa|
• Thanks to: Erik N.!
|December 14th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• this week with dolly|
[...] Jessica Simpson's “Do You Know,” with Dolly on the title track she wrote, gained four to No. 44 country in its 10th week.
• Source: seymourherald.com
|• Fan experience - Macy's Costa Mesa, December 13 2008|
"Hi, Joanna, Jessica Simpson had an autograph signing (12/13/08) at a Macy's in Costa Mesa, CA. The signing was at The
South Coast Plaza Macy's. Basically, a lot of people were there to see her, and the first 300 people who bought her "Fancy"
gift pack - perfume, and a slim handbag got to meet her! They even had a DJ playing her music - her "ReJoyce" album and
eventually all her songs from "Do You Know".
I wore my Jessica Simpson T-shirt from this year's tour. Basically, I said it was nice to meet her, I met her sister Ashlee twice and I'm finally glad to meet her. Jessica: Wow!
Me: Yes, after her CD signing. I gave her (Ashlee) flowers from her SNL performance 3 years ago. I'm glad I went to your concert at Pomona (L.A. County Fair)
The handler noticed my shirt: "Yes, I see".
ME: Yes, it was my first Jessica concert (Jessica smiled) And I hope to meet you again when you tour with Rascal Flatts.
That was it, I kind had to talk fast since we only had a few seconds, but Jess looked lovely and was very nice to people.
Joanna, I have attached one auto from the event and one flier and a badge from the event. We couldn't take pics with her, but we could from the line. So I have to develop them tomorrow, and I'll email you those tomorrow."
• Thanks to: Erik N.!
|• (watch) Jessica Simpson Parties With Family & Friends|
Tuesday, December 9th: Jessica Simpson was spotted at Mastro's Steakhouse with her close friend Ken Paves and later she
seen at a Golden Apple Art Opening with her sister Ashlee, Pete Wentz, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.
• Source: x17video.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• 'Remember That' moving up the charts|
"Remember That" has made a new peak on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart... moving from #47-#42.
Please lets keep requesting on radio maybe if we get the single into the top 40 we can get a music video.
• Thanks to: Alec!
|• Jessica Simpson makes rewarding appearance at Patriot High School|
Always a tabloid favorite, Jessica Simpson is used to the paparazzi following her around.
But on Wednesday, Simpson had to contend with a different breed of photographers -- Patriot High School seniors Gregory Brown and Courtney Brown, who were snapping frames to make sure the celebrity would make it into the school's yearbook.
The pop star turned country singer made an appearance at the Rubidoux school as the prize for a text-message contest sponsored by the U.S. Army and country music radio station K-FROG. Students from area high schools competed to send text messages and online messages from mid-November through Monday at noon.
As a reward, students were treated with an appearance by Simpson, who acted in films such as "Employee of the Month" and "The Dukes of Hazzard," in the school's gymnasium. She was scheduled to talk to the students and possibly answer some of their questions. Simpson would not allow members of the media to attend the event.
When she arrived Wednesday afternoon, Simpson was greeted by a group of administrators from the school, K-FROG staff, a handful of students and the yearbook paparazzi.
"I think it's pretty cool that she's actually here," said senior Cassie McFarland, 17.
Principal Jay Trujillo said the contest was a great way to build up the spirit and traditions of the school, which opened in fall 2007.
"It's fantastic for our school," Trujillo said.
Students were not text messaging excessively during class in the time leading up to the event, he said. If teachers gave permission, the students were allowed to text during a part of each day. Robin Ward, K-FROG's director of promotions, said more than 11,000 texts were received and Patriot had 5,067 messages. The top three schools in the contest included Patriot, Arlington High School in Riverside and Apple Valley High School. Ward said Apple Valley and Arlington were neck and neck until Patriot surged ahead over the weekend.
McFarland and fellow senior Chelsea Drachslin said they sent text messages to help the school win the contest, but that the rumor mill was flying with tales that Patriot had won and lost. Like the rest of the student body, which rushed to the gymnasium when Ward announced the assembly over the school's public address system, they were excited to see Simpson.
"It's a cool thing to happen at a new school," Drachslin said. Click here for video and here for fan videos!
• Source: PE.com & kfrog.com
|• Autographed Photo from Chicago|
"Hi There! My name is Katie and I was in Chicago, IL on December 6th for Jessica's Macy's appearance! I found out about
the appearance on Sweetkisses.net about a week before and decided to call the store for more information. Good thing I
did! They were accepting reservations over the phone, so I purchased her fragrance and lotion that day. On Saturday, I
showed up at 8:30 am. to possibly get in line, but I found out that all you had to do was pick up your purchase, then they
gave you a landyard with your number in line on it. I was able to go walk around, then come back about 2 hours before her
appearance at noon to get in line. I was number 40, and they were really good at making sure everyone was in the correct
order. Her table was set up in the atrium of the store, with huge flags that had her Fancy advertisement picture on them.
They were also blasting tunes from her Christmas album Rejoyce and her new album, Come On Over. At about 12:15 pm. they
announced that Jessica was there, and they played Come On Over while she walked out. The line snaked around the corner,
so I didn't get to see her walk out or pose for the cameras. As the line started to move, we had to put all of our
belongings, including cameras, into a Macy's bag. No pictures were allowed! When it was my turn, I walked up and she
began to sign an 8x10 glossy picture for me, and I told her she was an inspiration. She said "Thank you!" and "God
Bless." Overall, it was AMAZING! She looks even more beautiful and sweet in person. I am so glad I got to meet her,
even if it was only for a short time.
P.S. I attached the signed photo and landyard from that day!"
• Thanks to: Katie!
|• Which Celebrity Couple Did You Root For in 2008?|
Celebrities are intriguing on their own, but celebrity couples are double the fun! And even though their relationships
are historically volatile, it's not uncommon to have a favorite. So ladies, tell me, which couple did you root for most
• Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen
• John Mayer and Jennifer Aniston
• Seal and Heidi Klum
• Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon
• Samantha Ronson and Lindsay Lohan
• Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
• Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson
• Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
Click here to vote!
• Source: dearsugar.com
|• Computer problems|
|Hey guys! I wanted to let you know that my computer broke on Wednesday. It wouldn't start at all. I took it to have it fixed on Friday and hopefully they will fix it soon (and without deleting any of my precious files!). I couldn't access my server until now as I'm on my old computer now (which is slow, loud and annoying, lol). I still can't access my gallery but I'm working on it. I will do my best to catch up on updates and everything!|
|December 8th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• (scans] CosmoGirl! [UK], July 2006|
I've added scans from UK CosmoGirl, July 2006 issue.|
|• Macy's aisles enough for now|
Jessica Simpson kept repeating a simple mantra during her whirlwind weekend in Chicago:
''I'm not engaged. I'm not engaged. I'm NOT engaged!!!''
Perhaps the news touted in Us Weekly about Simpson and longtime beau Tony Romo setting up joint housekeeping in the Dallas Cowboys quarterback's new home in Irving, Texas, inspired Simpson to keep stressing her single status -- at least for now.
• Simpson, who dined at Art Smith's Table Fifty-two while here, was in town to boost her new Fancy fragrance at Macy's. According to store spokeswoman Andrea Schwartz, the two-hour event Saturday attracted one of the largest crowds ever for a celebrity promotion in the State Street store -- ''at least as big if not bigger than when we had for Beyonce.'' Wearing a black dress with gold and silver beading, Simpson exhibited ''absolutely no diva behavior,'' said Schwartz.
The line waiting for the Texas beauty to sign Fancy fragrance bottles snaked throughout the entire first floor of Macy's, and Simpson fans packed the store's escalators. ''For the entire two hours, those escalators were packed, with people riding up and down all eight floors -- over and over -- just to keep watching Jessica,'' said Schwartz.
• Source: suntimes.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• Jessica Simpson Gushes Publicly About Tony Romo In Chicago! What Else Is New?|
Jessica Simpson flew to Chicago Friday night for an appearance she made at Macy’s Saturday to promote her new fragrance and
even though her beau, Tony Romo, didn’t make the trip — that seemed to be all that was on her mind!
Like Simpson so often does at her public events, she couldn’t hold back from gushing about how much she loves her NFL boyfriend to some of her fans at the State Street department store where she promoted her new fragrance Fancy.
One fan sported a Romo jersey and Simpson exclaimed, “I like it! I like it!”
The fan went on to ask her if she’d ever risk losing or hurting her relationship with the famous Dallas Cowboy for her career or anything to which she replied: “”I wouldn’t risk it for the world!”
Unfortunately, Romo couldn’t make the trip, but she did have her hairdresser Ken Paves and her dog Daisy to keep her company. On Friday night she dined with Paves and two other members of her entourage at Table Fifty-Two. Simpson left Chicago right after her event Saturday to head back to Dallas so she could be back in Romo’s arms! Click here for pictures.
• Source: thesebootsaremadeforstalking.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• Jessica Simpson visits Chicago|
On the heels of her first country album, "Do You Know," Jessica Simpson is counting the days until she goes on tour with
Rascal Flatts in mid-January, she said in an interview at Macy's State Street on Saturday, where she signed photographs for
fans who purchased her new perfume, Fancy.
"I can't wait to be a part of their show and let everyone know that I do actually sing and I'm not just in tabloids," she said. The tour hits Champaign Feb. 6 and Madison Feb. 7.
Spending most of her time in Dallas, in her native state, helps her avoid the media glare. "When I to go L.A., it's to be an aunt and a daughter," she said, referring in part to sister Ashlee's son, Bronx.
Simpson can live without certain types of attention and tries to conduct herself as such, she said. "I am a very shy person, but I do believe that God has blessed me with a gift that I need to share. I always wanted to be entertaining in some way. Whether it's cooking dinner for a best friend or [onstage], I try to do it up right."
• Source: ChicagoTribune.com
|• Sight ’ems|
Crossover country singer and major Dallas Cowboy fan Jessica Simpson covering ground Wednesday at Hotel ZaZa, where she and
her dainty pooch bunked in the Rock Star Magnificent Seven Suite. In town for KILT’s annual Ten Man Jam at Verizon, Simpson
lunched on the hotel’s Monarch terrace, where she ordered chicken paillard. That night, she was back at the Monarch Lounge
for a cosmopolitan and dinner of rock shrimp and filet mignon with fries. Before heading upstairs to her suite, Simpson
topped off the evening with a Grey Goose and tonic.
• Source: Chron.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• Get free sample of Fancy!|
Click here to enter and receive a free sample of
Jessica's fragrance Fancy!
• Source: ElleExtra.com (thanks Veronica!)
|• (watch) You're My Sunday @ Ten Man Jam|
• Thanks to: Leslie L.!
|December 7th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Bid 2 Beat AIDS Auctions|
Bid 2 Beat AIDS is a massive online celebrity experience and memorabilia auction hosted on eBay. All proceeds of the auction
go to LIFEbeat, The Music Industry Fights AIDS- a nonprofit which aims at targeting today's youth with the message of
AIDS prevention and awareness. Bid on photos of Jessica Simpson to support this great cause!|
• Auction #1
• Auction #2
For more information about LIFEbeat and its mission, please visit LIFEbeat.org.
|• New pictures|
December 6, 2008: Jessica Simpson launches new fragrance "Fancy" at Macy's in Chicago (hq).|
• Thanks to: Kimberly!
|December 6th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Jessica Simpson Nicknames Tony Romo at Texas Concert|
Looks like Jessica Simpson has a pet name for beau Tony Romo: Cowboy.
At Thursday night's KJ.97 Randy Carroll's Christmas Bash in San Antonio, Texas, Simpson, 27, sang three songs and
repeatedly referred to "my cowboy."
(It's not a huge stretch: He's the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.)
Before belting out her tune, "Come on Over," Simpson chatted with country singer Billy Carrington about her love life on stage.
"So, I see you really like doing the guitar playing thing, the hair, the cargo pants you’re wearing - everything I used to date," she said. "But aren't you a cowboy, too?"
Switching gears to talk about Romo, whom she never mentioned by name, Simpson said: "You know, I've got a cowboy, only my cowboy is a little bit different. I wrote this song for my cowboy – it's called 'Come On Over.' I can't help it. I want him all the time." (Simpson also wrote "Back in My Old Boots" for Romo.)
She also caught a little flack on behalf of Romo.
"Jessica, I hope your boyfriend throws a lot of touchdowns this weekend, cause we're getting frustrated right now," singer John Rich told her.
• Source: UsMagazine.com
|• Randy Carroll no match for Jessica Simpson at his star-studded Christmas Bash|
It's a rare event when six Nashville stars do an acoustic song swap for a capacity crowd of some 4,000 folks in a big joint like Cowboys Dance Hall. But, then again, it's pretty uncommon for a radio personality to have a 25-year career — especially at the same place, such as KJ97.
So for Randy Carroll's Christmas Bash, it seemed like the thing to do for about two hours on a Thursday night for Jessica Simpson, Lee Ann Womack, Tracy Lawrence, John Rich, Jake Owen and Billy Currington. They put on a freewheeling, loose and enjoyable show as they took turns singing about three songs each accompanied by five guitarists, a bassist and a fiddler. At one point, Lawrence was even tossing longneck beers to the crowd.
First, though, Carroll — who has dallied with music for years — opened with a brief set that included Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues," George Strait's "The Chair" and his own "San Antonio Christmas Song." And he's not a bad singer, either. But he's not quite on the same level as Jessica Simpson, whose powerful vocals on her first country hit, "Come On Over," showed that what made her a pop star translates to country, too. But the show did not start without a hitch or two.
As Carroll waited for one of the artists to get ready — and he indicated it was one of the women, presumably Simpson, who was the last at the meet-and-greet and had a long line and was probably blinded by all the camera flashes — Lawrence sang a couple of songs.
Or, he tried to.
The sound was not cranked up on his mic or monitor as he opened with "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" and "Cold Beer," which is oddly enough a Christmas song about finding lots of cheer. So when the rest of the artists came out and Womack tried to sing "A Little Past Little Rock," she had to stop because her mic was so low, too.
Then Lawrence and Rich got a little rowdy, with Lawrence telling the crowd to take it up with the sound guy in the back.
"Fix it now or John Rich will go up there and kick you're a--," Lawrence said.
While the problem was being resolved, Rich went to a mic that worked and said about Womack, "She just won a Grammy nomination last night and she should not start singing until her mic is working and we can hear her singing a the top of her beautiful voice."
At least they made the problem entertaining. So, when Womack moved to Simpson's working mic, that winning voice came through as stunningly wonderful as ever on "A Little Past Little Rock," and the show was on the road. For Womack and the others, the acoustic format let the lyrics come through without being drowned out by music, even if sometimes the chattering portion of the crowd threatened to instead.
Womack later sang an inspired cover of Bob Wills' western swing classic "San Antonio Rose" and her bittersweet balled "I May Hate Myself in the Morning," about hooking up with a lost love one more time.
Currington got the crowd moving with "Good Directions," a sweet, upbeat love song. He also sang "Must Be Doing Something Right" and "Don't" in his trademark bluesy country style. He was a pretty good picker, too.
Simpson, wearing stiletto-heeled boots and black leggings, got a big hand just walking to the mic. Saying she loves cowboys, she said, "This song goes out to my Cowboy (Dallas quarterback Tony Romo) when she introduced "Come On Over." She also sang "Remember That," her powerhouse punch to a jerk of a guy. Those two were from her country album, and she also sang "With You," her hit from her last pop album.
Rich said, "Jessica, I hope you tell your boyfriend to throw a lot of touchdowns cause we're getting close." Then he sang "Lost in the Moment" and pulled a surprise when he asked a couple in front to come onstage and kiss while he sang the chorus. And the couple — Blake and Ashley — were more than happy to oblige as she jumped up on him and swung her legs around his hips.
Rich later got a cheer for a new song called "The Man," about his grandfather, who was awarded six purple hearts in World War II and died two years ago, and the great generation that fought the war and helped earn today's freedoms. Owen also proved himself a fair picker on his songs, which included two rousing new ones, "I Love Women" and "Damn, Baby, Damn," about woman so beautiful she doesn't leave a guy much else to say. He also sang his hit "Yee Haw," about party time, Southern style.
Owen was the second artist on the stage with a fresh Grammy nomination. His was for best country collaboration with vocals on Sugarland's "Life in a Northern Town" with Little Big Town.
At the end, co-MC and KJ97 personality Lou Ramirez got the crowd fired up for Carroll's 25 years, and program director George King presented him a plaque as Lawrence hugged Carroll. Carroll had the last word, "God bless y'all. Merry Christmas."
• Source: blogs.mysanantonio.com
|• (pics) Randy Carroll Christmas Bash, December 4 2008|
• Gallery #1
• Gallery #2
• Gallery #3
• Gallery #4
• Source: kj97.com
|• (scan) People, December 15 2008|
• Thanks to: Tamara!
|• Ruven Afanador shoot & behind the scenes|
Take an inside look at Jessica Simpson's cover shoot with Marie Claire!|
• Source: MarieClaire.com
|• First 'Major Movie Star' captures!|
I got some captures from "Major Movie Star"! It was already released on dvd in Brazil (I'm guessing?) and a Jess fan from
there sent me these - enjoy! |
• Thanks to: Eduardo!
- Yeah, I know the title of the movie has been changed but I like the first one so much better plus most promo already done was for "Major Movie Star" and that's on the posters so I'm holding on to it for a bit longer
|December 5th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Who Is the Hardest Working Celebrity of 2008?|
Some of our favorite stars go above and beyond a regular work ethic, and this year brought another batch of stars who barely
had time to sleep. From side projects, to clothing lines, to parenthood, this group seems to do it all. So tell us — who is
the hardest working celebrity of 2008? Click here to vote!
• Source: PopSugar.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• New concert date!|
And it's just Jessica, not with Rascall Flatts
IP CASINO RESORT AND SPA
Fri, Feb 20, 2009 09:00 PM
• Source: TicketMaster.com (thanks Alec!)
|• (scan) Us Weekly, December 15 2008|
• Thanks to: Tamara!
|• Bigger MC scans|
I've replaced the Marie Claire scans with bigger ones!|
• Thanks to: Erin!
|• Carter Smith Photoshoot HQs|
I've added the photoshoot for Elle by Carter Smith to the gallery.|
|December 4th, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• The rest of Marie Claire scans!|
• Thanks to: Veronica!
|• 9th Annual 100.3 KILT Ten Man Jam Set Lists|
So what did the artists sing at the 9th Annual KILT Ten Man Jam? Here's a list of all the songs performed at the show.
Randy Owen/TENNESSEE RIVER
Darius Rucker/ALL I WANT
Jessica Simpson/COME ON OVER
Billy Currington/GOOD DIRECTIONS
Randy Owen/MOUNTAIN MUSIC
Gretchen Wilson/WHEN I THINK ABOUT CHEATING
Darius Rucker/IT WON'T BE LIKE THIS FOR LONG
Jessica Simpson/REMEMBER THAT
Billy Currington/MUST BE DOIN' SOMETHIN' RIGHT
Randy Owen/FEELS SO RIGHT
John Rich/SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY
John Rich/I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU
John Rich/THE MAN
Gretchen Wilson/REDNECK WOMAN
Darius Rucker/DON'T THINK I DON'T THINK ABOUT IT
Jessica Simpson/YOU'RE MY SUNDAY
Pat Green/SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
Pat Green/CARRY ON
Roger Creager/I'M FROM THE BEER JOINT
Randy Rogers/KISS ME IN THE DARK
Lee Ann Womack/A LITTLE PAST LITTLE ROCK
Jamey Johnson/HIGH COST OF LIVING
Pat Green/FEELS JUST LIKE IT SHOULD
Roger Creager/I LOVED YOU WHEN
Randy Rogers/DOWN & OUT
Lee Ann Womack/I MAY HATE MYSELF IN THE MORNING
Jamey Johnson/IN COLOR
Pat Green/WAVE ON WAVE
Roger Creager/TONIGHT WE'RE DRINKING AGAIN
Randy Rogers/IN MY ARMS INSTEAD
Lee Ann Womack/I HOPE YOU DANCE
Jamey Johnson/GIVE IT AWAY
Randy Owen & the Ten Man Jam All-Stars/IF YOU'RE GONNA PLAY IN TEXAS
• Source: kilt.com (thanks Tamara!)
|December 3rd, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Us Weekly cover|
|• 31 Things You Don't Know About Jessica Simpson|
That hair, the romances, the stage dad, those sky-high platform heels, and the football jinx - you probably think you know
the whole Jessica Simpson story. So we asked her family, colleagues, and most important, her hairstylist for the things you
don't know about the indomitable pop star-turned-country crooner.
* Born: July 10, 1980
* Grew up in: Richardson, TX
* Education: J.J. Pearce High School; left at 16 to tour
* First single: "I Wanna Love You Forever" (2000)
* Big break: Newlyweds (2003)
* Albums: Five
* Movies: The Dukes of Hazzard, Employee of the Month, Blonde Ambition, the straight-to-DVD Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous
* The brand: The Jessica Simpson Collection
* Product categories: 11 (footwear, fragrance, handbags, swimwear, outerwear, sunglasses, belts, hats, jewelry, scarves, tween footwear)
* Estimated retail sales of the footwear alone in 2008: $250 million
THE REAL HER
1. CHECK HOG: "Jessica never lets you treat for dinner. I'd have to go in, put a credit card down, and tell the waitress, 'If you let the bill go her way, I will choke you.'" - Vivica A. Fox, costar, Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous
2. NO DUMB BLONDE: "She's got street smarts. Now, those streets might be dirt roads, but she knows what she's doing." - Andy Dick, costar, Employee of the Month and Blonde Ambition
3. TRUE STORY: "People don't realize what an incredibly shy girl Jessica is. Her public persona completely conflicts with who she really is as a person." - Charlie Walk, president of Epic Records
4. PHONE IT IN: "When we wrote for her record, we'd sit down and start going through her old text messages and e-mails. We had so much to draw from, especially when it came to love. She's got a really old soul." - songwriter Brett James, coproducer, Do You Know
5. THE BOSS OF ME: "Jessica's a very strong-willed businesswoman. At one point, I said, 'You want to talk to your dad?' She said, 'Oh, no, my dad works for me.'" - Greg Coolidge, director, Employee of the Month
6. CRY BABY: "Her tears in 'I Belong to Me' were real, not makeup." - Matthew Rolston, video director
7. FATHER KNOWS BEST: "She's not willing to be defeated by failure." - Joe Simpson, father and manager
8. ONE OF THE GUYS: "She's not such a girly-girl. You can hang out, drink a beer with her, and tell dirty jokes." - Brett Ratner, director, "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" and "A Public Affair"
9. HOMEGROWN: "She's not this glamour, Hollywood, glitzed-out bitch cat. She looks like one, but she is the sweetest apple-pie, corn-fed farmer's daughter type." - Andy Dick
10. ENERGY SOURCE: "Because of Jessica, we don't have to make decisions like, Are we not going to pay the power bill or the water bill this month?" - Chris White, spokesperson, Casa Hogar Elim Orphanage in Mexico, where she donated a minivan
11. BABY LOVE: "She's my son's godmother. She was actually in the operating room, and all she had were 6-inch platform shoes, so she had to wear blue booties over them. She gave Dylan his first bath." - Erin Alexander, friend
12. HAND-HOLDER: "Jessica came with us on a mission in Nakuru, Kenya, and instantly bonded with this tiny, chubby 8-month-old baby, Boki. Her mother was scared to death about the facial surgery. Jessica took the baby into the operating room and held her when they gave her anesthesia. Jess was the last person Boki saw when she went in and the first person she saw when she woke up." - Dee Dee Sides, New York development director of the nonprofit Operation Smile
13. HEART AND SOUL: "She don't look down on anybody; she just looks straight ahead. I don't think the girl could ever do anybody wrong, I really don't." - Loretta Lynn
14. JUST SAY NO: "I tried to get her to smoke pot in public - she never would.Wouldn't do it in private, either." - Jay Chandrasekhar, director, The Dukes of Hazzard
15. GOOD IN BED: "We slept on trundle beds next to each other until she was 11 or 12. She had her own room, but it was just more comfortable for us to sleep together." - Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, sister
16. SAX APPEAL: "Jessica played the saxophone for three years in junior high school. It was when The Simpsons had just come out, and she would stand in the kitchen and play 'Do the Bartman' on her saxophone, while Ashlee would dance. It was pretty hilarious." - Tina Simpson, mother
17. RUB-A-DUB: "When she was little, she wouldn't get in the bathtub because she thought a shark was going to come out of the drain and get her." - Tina Simpson
19. SHE IS LEGEND: "People ought to give her a chance. She's got a great voice, she's beautiful - I don't know what else they want!" - Loretta Lynn
20. TRUNK SHOW: "A few years ago, we were going to Eva Longoria's house for dinner, and Jess said, 'I don't want to go to Eva's house for the first time and bring the paparazzi with us! That's so lame!' I was like, 'Fine, then get in the trunk.' I don't know if her blonde hair was sticking out of the trunk or what, but they followed us all the way from my house to Eva's. And we were talking back and forth, all while she was in the trunk." - Ken Paves, hairstylist
21. ALTER EGO: "Her nickname is Angela. It started with Ken when they were in a store and people were pointing her out. So Ken was like, 'Hey, Angela!' to make them think it wasn't her. It actually worked back then." - Erin Alexander
18. HER SISTER'S KEEPER: "Jessica seems sweet, but she's very protective of her little sister. I've seen her lay it down when somebody was picking on me." - Ashlee Simpson-Wentz
22. MATCHY-MATCHY: "In the '80s, her hair scrunchie had to match her socks before she would go to school." - Tina Simpson
23. THE NATURAL: "When we're together, we're usually in our sweats, just hanging out at my parents' house. She's definitely her most comfortable - and she's the most beautiful - that way. She doesn't need an ounce of makeup." - Ashlee Simpson-Wentz
24. LOW-MAINTENANCE: "She only washes her hair about two to three times a month. I told Jess a long time ago that you should only wash your hair a few times a week, and in between, rinse it and condition it. And her hair looks fantastic all the time." - Ken Paves
25. COOL CUSTOMER: "The girl does not sweat! It was literally 116 degrees out when we shot the video 'Come on Over' on a ranch. I remember drinking Gatorade and having frizzy hair - and I look over at her and see this beautiful object in front of the camera and think, Well, that's annoying." - Liz Friedlander, video director
26. INCOGNITO: "Years ago, we went through this poetry phase, so we went to a little bookstore in Los Feliz. She had her hair pulled back, looking like Bookworm McGillicutty, and we were standing in line, and this girl says to Jessica, 'Please don't take this personally, but you look like a really smart version of Jessica Simpson.' And Jessica busted out laughing and said, 'No, she's beautiful. Thank you.'" - Ken Paves
27. MAKEUP MACGYVER: "She taught me a trick: Take red Kool-Aid powder, get it a little wet, and dab it on to stain your lips. It's cute and stays on." - Jessie Holiday, Simpson's former backup dancer and hairstylist
FROM THE BESTIE
28. LUCKY CHARM: "Jessica always has the best luck. If there's a raffle, she'll win it - or anything having to do with fantasy football or a horse race. That's why it's so ironic everybody in Dallas calls her The Jinx." - CaCee Cobb, friend
29. EYE JOB: "One time Jessica was spending the night, and we were sharing a bed because I only had a one-bedroom at the time. And she gets in bed, and I look over and catch her taking her disposable contacts out and throwing them on the carpet. I was like, 'Oh, my God, what are you doing?' And she was like, 'I'm taking my contacts out.' I said, 'You're throwing them on my floor!' She said, 'They dissolve when they hit the air.' I was like, 'No, they don't! I've been stepping on them.'" - CaCee Cobb
30. ACED IT! "Jessica does a really good impression of Ace Ventura. She won't do it for a lot of people, but it's this funny walk and laugh." - Ashlee Simpson-Wentz
JESSICA WEIGHS IN
* "I collect lucky pennies that I find on the ground. I keep them in a Ziploc bag."
* "I wear my grandmother's wedding ring on my thumb. She passed away, and I feel like she is my guardian angel, so I always keep the wedding ring on. Her wedding ring, not mine!"
* "I've been contemplating taking a college course in religion. I love religion. I remember whenever the book The Da Vinci Code came out, the Discovery Channel did this three-night piece on it that I Tivoed and then watched eight times."
* "I enjoy holding on to certain moments in my life. For instance, I found this $9 red iron rocking chair, and every time I look at it, I think of the first time I saw a rainbow: I was sitting on my grandfather's lap in a rocking chair that looked just like it. Or the first time I was onstage with Willie Nelson, he gave me his guitar pick. So I put it behind a black-and-white photo I framed of he and I. People don't know that the pick's there, but I do."
* "I am the first person to go to Barnes & Noble and buy the new self-help book. I like to fill out the surveys, then I get my friends' opinions on how I answered to see if I was being honest with myself or not."
Read the rest of the story in the January issue of Marie Claire - on newsstands now!
• Source: MarieClaire.com
|• Jessica Simpson Confesses Her Love for Self-Help Books|
Jessica Simpson has a solid relationship with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and a hit country album, Do You Know.
But the singer still thinks she could use some self-improvement.
"I am the first person to go to Barnes & Noble and buy the new self-help book," Simpson, 28, tells Marie Claire in its January issue, on stands Dec. 9. (In the story, the cover girl reveals things people don't know about her.) "I like to fill out the surveys, then I get my friends' opinions on how I answered to see if I was being honest with myself or not."
But self-help titles aren't the only books Simpson is interested in studying.
"I've been contemplating taking a college course in religion," she says. "I love religion. I remember whenever the book The Da Vinci Code came out, the Discovery Channel did this three-night piece on it that I TiVoed and then watched eight times."
And while many performers rely on staple superstitions such as broken legs to bring them good luck, Simpson takes a simpler – and less painful – approach.
"I collect lucky pennies that I find on the ground," she says. "I keep them in a Ziploc bag."
• Source: People.com
|• Some of MC scans|
That's what I got so far...|
• Thanks to: Veronica!
|• The Top Searched Celebrities of 2008|
9. Jessica Simpson -- The singer's relationship with NFL star Tony Romo and her foray into country music brought new fan bases.
• Source: hotmp3daily.blogspot.com
|• Jessica's Marie Claire cover|
I love love LOVE it! |
• Thanks to: Tamara!
|December 2nd, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• Jessica in Marie Claire|
I've just found out that Jessica will grace the cover of Marie Claire, January 2009 issue! I will post scans as soon as I get them
• Thanks to: Veronica!
|• 'Do You Know' scans|
I've uploaded scans of international editions of "Do You Know": Russian and Korean.|
• Thanks to: Dron!
|• 100.3 KILT Ten Man Jam|
The 9th Annual KILT Ten Man Jam will be held at Verizon Wireless Theater on Wednesday, December 3, 2008. Keep listening to
100.3 KILT for your chance to win your way into this exclusive show! Plus, you can also register to win tickets online and
stop by our KILT Ten Man Jam Ticket Stops for additional chances to win! The artists for this year's show are listed below.
Click the artist's picture to visit their website. You can also click the play button below each picture to hear the artist
calling The Hudson & Harrigan Show to announce their appearance at this year's show. Looking for our poster auction
benefiting St. Jude? Click here to see the auction items.
• Source: kilt.com (thanks Tamara!)
|• New tour date|
A new date has been added to the Rascall Flatts tour with Jessica Simpson!|
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY
Thu, Feb 12, 2009 08:00 PM
Get tickets: here.
• Thanks to: Alec!
|December 1st, 2008 | posted by Joanna|
|• UGG Australia’s 6th Annual Art & Sole Celebrity Auction|
Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Simpson, Brooke Shields, Marcia Cross, Cindy
Crawford, Kelly Ripa and many other artists and celebrities put their artistic skills to work for UGG® Australia’s sixth annual Art & Sole
Collection. Using the word ‘hope’ as their muse, the select group painted signature UGG® Australia Classic Boots creating
one-of-a-kind pieces of art. The hand painted one-of-a kind boots will be auctioned off on www.uggaustralia.com Dec.
1 – 14 with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, one of the world’s premier
pediatric cancer research centers.
Art & Sole is a nationwide program created by UGG® Australia, in which boots that reflect the artist’s personality and dedication to charity are auctioned off. This is the fourth consecutive year that St. Jude will benefit from the auction that has raised more than $225,000 for the hospital to date. “Art & Sole is our opportunity to give back to a great cause like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and help to make a difference,” says Connie Rishwain, President of UGG® Australia.
“The Art & Sole charity auction is a wonderfully unique way to support the lifesaving work of St. Jude,” says David L. McKee, chief operating officer and interim chief executive officer of ALSAC, the fundraising organization of St. Jude. “We are so grateful for the dedication that UGG Australia has shown to our patients and families. And we appreciate the time and talent that went into creating these boots, which speak to the hope that St. Jude gives to children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.”
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, its fundraising organization. For more information, please visit www.st.jude.org
• Source: Press Release